Tips On Cutting Down Drugs In Merseyside Within Alcohol Rehab Merseyside
If you are having a drink regularly and your weekly consumption exceeds 14 units you should be considering some of the following steps, which will help you to reduce your consumption.
It is the same as consuming ten small-sized glasses of wine with low alcoholic content or 6 pints of beer with regular alcoholic content when you consume 14 units.
- You should be making a plan before you start having a drink and setting limits for the quantity you are going to consume.
- Plan your expenditure - When going out to drink, have a specific amount of money with you.
- Tell others - So you can have their support or at least just so they know, tell those close to your about your intentions of cutting back.
- Plan it one day at a time - Drop a little volume every day.
- Make each day a milestone with this approach.
- Make your drinks smaller - the size of the drink does not matter because you can still enjoy what you are having.
- Instead of a large glass of wine, get a small one, or try bottled beer instead of a pint.
- Have a drink which is low in strength - you can reduce the content of alcohol by swapping strong beers on winds and select the ones with a lower strength [ABV in %].
- Check the bottles for details about their alcoholic content.
- Stay hydrated - Drink alcohol alternatively with soft drinks or water or always take a glass of water before alcohol.
- Consider taking breaks - have several alcohol-free days every week.
Contact us on 0800 246 1509 for more support.
Ready to Get Help?
CALL US NOW ON 0800 246 1509
Cutting Down Advantages Of Visiting Alcohol Rehab Merseyside
When you cut back, you will
- Feeling better in the mornings
- Reducing fatigue during the day
- Have healthier looking skin
- Increased feeling of fitness
- You may begin to stop gaining weight
The long-term benefits of cutting down on alcohol will include
Mood - You may feel more anxious or depressed when hangover and there has been a noted connection between depression and heavy drinking. If you already suffer from anxiety or are feeling sad you can rest assured that alcohol can worsen the situation and therefore, the reduction in alcohol may generally put you in a better mood.
Sleep - you may suffer from insomnia due to alcohol consumption. It disturbs good sleeping habit, even though some people do feel drowsy and fall asleep after drinking. Therefore, cutting down on alcohol should give you the feeling of having rested adequately when you wake up.
Behaviour - Your judgement maybe impaired as a result of drinking, leading to strange behaviours. While drunk you may become irrational or aggressive. For frequent high-risk alcohol consumers, amnesia can become an issue in the long run.
Heart - Your heart may enlarge due to chronic excessive consumption of alcohol. Cutting back can keep this problem from becoming worse although it can't be reversed completely.
White Blood Cells - one of the effects of addictions is destruction of white blood cells. Addicts are vulnerable to diseases.