NHS Or Private Rehab?
For many individuals, private residential rehab is the preferred treatment solution. In most cases, admission can be performed within a day. You will be able to access private rehab treatment if you have the funds to pay privately or if you have private health insurance. Getting an NHS admission to a private rehab clinics can also be possible.
Who Is Eligible To Apply For NHS Rehab Funding?
UK residents are entitled to benefit from free addiction treatment programs through licensed community based NHS rehab or private residential recovery centres across the country with the right equipment. You might be required to prove that you have sought local community-based rehab alternatives before to be able to apply for NHS funding at a residential rehab facility. Depending on the willingness of your local addiction team to fund your treatment accessing residential rehab may take a number of weeks.
You can be referred to your nearest drug and alcohol action team by your GP.
Pros And Cons
- Relaxed treatment plan
- Fast admission - in some cases within a day;
- Treatment done on one site with help of available equipment use;
- Patients have similar staff members taking care of them during treatment period.
- We provide the environment and surrounding free from worries and issues where patients can concentrate on treatment sessions.
- The helpful group gives solid bonds advisors and different patients that guide recovery;
- Also we offer call, letter, accommodation and other facilities including visiting families and friends;
- Additional therapies are often provided like gym and fitness, art therapy, horse riding etc.;
- Programme of aftercare;
- Costs more than NHS rehab treatment program.
- Not included in health insurance cover.
- No payment required;
- Anyone can access it;
- Located close to home and family in the local community.
- Lengthy admissions process;
- Has no referral guarantee to residential rehab;
- Different treatments might be provided at various clinics/facilities;
- Recovery might be damaged by everyday problems and substance accessibility;
- Limited access to personal therapists during treatment program;
- During and throughout the treatment, patients may not have the same therapist / staff caring for them.
- Building an outpatient support network may prove challenging.
Ready to Get Help?
CALL US NOW ON 0800 246 1509
NHS Cross Border Treatment Alternative;
Results are not certain and the process of managing admission to a private treatment centre via UK NHS or local dependency services can take multiple weeks. Similar admission process into residential private rehab is fast and efficient through EU cross border healthcare authority support initiative program.
On the Alcohol Rehab Merseyside website, UK based patients who wishes to take advantage of that option can find more information.