From The Treatment Centre And Back To Reality
Achieving sobriety is definitely an accomplishment which is incredible. However, remaining sober is another challenge by itself. Creation of novel leisure activities and establishment of targets help maintain abstinence.
In a controlled and supervised rehab centre, it is relatively easier to stay clean and get well.
A rehab centre not only gives you a great chance to achieve sobriety but also equips you with knowledge, tools, and strategies to stay sober once you are back in the real world.
Moving on from rehab can bring along several new challenges when an effort is made to learn how to navigate an absolutely fresh and a sober lifestyle and this is although the individual could be overcome by excitement because of the movement.
Fortunately, the help received to recognise temptations, which may be faced after leaving the rehab facility provides the education needed with the methods needed to avoid or manage these triggers. This will enable them to stay away from drugs forever.
Coping With Urges After Rehabilitation
The transition of moving from a supported environment back to normality can be a challenging task for an addict who has recovered.
Once you are back in the real world, time and again triggers and situations that pushed you toward the path of addiction might confront you again.
Company of old acquaintances, being in the midst of old surroundings, and specific emotions might lure you into reaching out for the substance to which you were earlier addicted to.
Many things, like ones discussed ahead, help you dodge old temptations
- Finding A Solid Support System
- Keeping the right company, that want you to stay clean will help you in achieving a clean life after rehab.
- Locate a support group within your area or even someone you can rely upon to call when you feel the temptations again.
- Environment Change
- After leaving the facility and before reaching home, you should be asking a loved one or an individual you trust to discard any paraphernalia from your place.
- Manage to stay away or redesign rooms or places to avoid rekindling old feelings that may trigger your substance abuse.
- Set Goals For The Future
- Having a plan for your life can be instrumental in helping you stay clean.
- It will be easier for you to remain on track when you have understood the reasons why you want to stay composed along with all the benefits the sobriety can bring into your life.
- Scheduled Meetings Must Be Attended
- If you have a set of follow-up appointments scheduled with your rehabilitation centre or the doctor you should not be looking to avoid the meetings.
- Help from doctors and rehabilitation centres are important to sustain abstinence although sometimes they seem like lots of stress and you might be tempted to skip.
- Take time to appreciate.
- Becoming aware of the good things in your life will make you realize that you are indeed lucky, and then you wouldn't want to throw them away.
- Five circumstances that bring joy and satisfaction should be documented every passing day.
- Engage In Positive New Activities And Improve the Old Ones
- The European Journal of Social Psychology reported on a study indicating that people require at least 60 days to form a habit so it is important to start a new one as soon as possible.
Ready to Get Help?
CALL US NOW ON 0800 246 1509
Engage With Positive Recreational Activities Or Pastimes
It is crucial to change old activities and lifestyles to fresh activities during treatment.
In the absence of alcohol and other substances, non-indulgent habits can still be interesting.
Call us immediately on 0800 246 1509 if you want to revisit rehabilitation centre or you want to sustain your newly found abstinence.
The change from rehabilitation centre to home can be made harmless by doing the following
- Take part in art works
- Educate yourself
- Learn a new language
- Volunteer work
Join Support Groups That Provide A Community Feel
After leaving the rehab, there are many support group that you can register with and continue being clean. Surround yourselves with these encouraging individuals by joining a support group, attending sessions of counselling and participating in activities, which allow you to meet other people.
The 12 stages programs, counselling sessions and Narcotics Anonymous are some of the support groups that you can join today.
The Possibility Of Going Out Without Relapsing
Those that are freshly out of rehab should totally run from enticing atmosphere because they do not have strong resolutions like those that have achieved abstinence for quite sometimes. Replacing old habits can take time and that's why people who have just achieved sobriety find it much harder to resist temptation.
In cases where you are cornered to deal with alcohol, you may just be able to save yourself from it.
Methods to Avoid Temptations In Social Settings
- Try not to go alone; instead take someone who's close to you and who doesn't drink.
- Drink beverages free of alcohol and keep a glass of such a drink in your hand all the time.
- You can also spend as little time as possible in the gatherings where alcohol is available.
- Depart immediately if you begin to feel uncomfortable or tempted.
Why It Is Important To Get And Remain Clean
Health is one of the primary benefits to keep yourself clean and sober. Embarking on a sober life is definitely worth the difficulty and the reasons go far beyond the physical benefits which will become attainable. The reasons to remain sober include
- Making new and sober friends
- Having new investments
- Living a happy and amazing life
- Extra energy to indulge in activities which you enjoy
- Physical and mental improvements
- Serving as a positive source of inspiration and energy for other people who are currently battling addiction
Giving up an addiction, whether of alcohol or any other drug, is the most difficult thing. The devotion and struggle might be throughout one's life it is never simple and fast. You reap a sunny disposition and positive outlook in maintaining your commitment to sobriety.
Direction is more important than speed when you start your recovery. Whenever a temptation beholds you strongly, divert your mind and focus on the reasons which encouraged you to become and stay sober in the first place.